Wednesday, February 17, 2010



After finding that tulips with their bulbs still attached do not droop and bend like cut tulips do: The petals fall but the stems, like the leaves, do not change their position. The leaves withered and went brown but the stems didn't move. Had I been working in colour I might have pulled the drawing off but as I was working in ink the drawing looked static like a row of erect soldiers. I was also being ambitious thinking I could pull off my grand idea.
After Diane's advice I decided to go back to the original idea of juxtapositioning objects that related to the original drawings. Not being very happy with the result I did an abstract image of myself. Giving myself the freedom to just draw without restraint resulted in a drawing was a lot more content with.
Diane and Catherine invited me to join their Thursday night drawing group, 10 days ago, where I did one of my best drawing, also I'm pleased with the 2 minute gestural drawing I did that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment