Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back in the saddle.

I find it hard to believe I haven't been able to post for so long. Though it does feel longer than in reality it has been. How to pick up where I was? Where to restart?
I thought all the drawings I did through this time were merde and not worth the paper they had been drawn on, that the dark circles of Dante's pergetory, I was in, had halted any developement with my art work. One should never trust one's own judgement but work through the dark times and review the work again when the darkness has passed. And listen to the comments of your peers.
Enough to say I back and ready to work. My brain spins with ideas for new work now all I have to do is get some paper on the easel and work the ideas through.

These few drawing were done in the last month.


This is a class project representing a dream.
As a child a recuring dream was of me being thrown down a well with no means of escape.







Another classroom project: random colour pastel of a black and white photograph.










Lastly yet another class work. The project was to represent a close up of a piece of fruit. No it's not fruit. I found this months old piece of bread in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment