Tuesday, February 9, 2010


These are a few of the images from my last project: the ones I am happiest with. Now for the next project Diane suggested I go vertically aways from these images. Vis: an object I own that relates to all or some of the portrait images. At the time I was quite emotionally exhausted from looking at old photographs of long dead and departed loved ones thus did not want to go and revisit these images again so soon. I did, though, want to explore the passing of time which these images were exposing.
I decided I wanted to attempt to show time passing in one image. My next objective therefore is "Using what I accomplished in the past few weeks I want to explore my sense of the permanence of remembered time and of the disintegration of the moment we think of as being permanent. Doing this by observing a living object change as it ages and dies." (proposal sent to Diane.)Nice piece of pretentious artspeak.
This is the image I want to use as my starting point. Tulips in a vase going from freshness to decay.

With William Kitteridge as my inspiration I didn't see a problem. Ha. The tulips I chose lost their petals and the leaves faded but the stems did not droop or change their position.

Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment