Saturday, April 10, 2010

All day spent beginning the layout for a drawing using only shape and colour to convey a subject. Inspiration comes from the work of Rupert Garcia. I decide to do a series based on photographs I've taken of classical statues. Using Photoshop to crop, roughly chose colours and shapes then transposing 8x10 image on to 18x22 watercolour paper before finally drawing in pastel. I started the drawing by doing a colour wash, to make sure the white of the paper would not show through in the areas of pure colour. Having not picked the final colours for the finished drawing I used colours in the range of the probable finished work.









Having been listening to a lot of Sibelius most of the week I wanted to draw to music with more substance and therefore chose to draw to Mahlers 5th. I find the music I work to so important as it definitely gets my head into a different space. Motown and classical sculpture didn't seem the right mix this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment